Good oral care goes beyond brushing or flossing your teeth. You also have to schedule frequent dental appointments. Each visit to a dentist helps prevent bad breath, gum diseases, and tooth decay, ensuring healthy teeth and gums.
It’s crucial to enlist professional dental services from a reputable and certified dental clinic. At Atlantis Dentistry, we offer dental services to young adults and children. Our dental services, which include teeth restoration, removal, and scaling, are available for parents and guardians looking for a dentist in Greensboro for their little ones.
What Services Can You Expect from a Licensed Dentist?
A licensed dentist helps diagnose, prevent, and treat conditions and diseases of the teeth and gums in several ways, including:
- Orthodontics and Prosthodontics - Orthodontics deals with fixing bad bites, aligning jaws correctly, and straightening crooked teeth. On the other hand, prosthodontics helps replace missing teeth, and related jaw or mouth structures by prostheses, bridges, or dentures.
- Gum and Root Canal Therapy - Gum therapy helps treat diseases affecting teeth tissues, while root canal therapy treats the infected pulp of the tooth.
- Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery – This is a series of surgical procedures done on the mouth, face, skull, and jaws. The specialty diagnoses and then treats craniomaxillofacial complex injuries and conditions.
- Medicine Prescription - A dentist can prescribe medications such as sedatives, painkillers, and antibiotics to help in the treatment of oral diseases.
Do Dentists and Dental Hygienists Perform the Same Tasks?
Dentists and dental hygienists both help patients improve the health of their gums and teeth. However, dentists supervise dental hygienists and offer treatment for gum, mouth, and teeth conditions. On the contrary, dental hygienists deal with teeth cleaning.
While dental hygienists educate patients on how to improve their oral health, dentists advise on the best treatment for various diseases or conditions of the gums and teeth.
Problems You May Experience for Failing to Visit a Dentist
Lack of professional oral care services may expose you to the following oral and general health problems:
- Periodontal (Gum) Disease – This is a series of inflammatory conditions that affect the teeth tissues. Your gums may appear red, swollen, and even bleed. If left untreated, periodontal disease leads to loss of teeth.
- Tooth Decay - Brushing and flossing your teeth and scheduling dental checkups can help prevent the growth of plaque (food particles combined with bacteria) on your teeth. As plaque grows, it can destroy your enamel, causing tooth decay and bad breath.
- Stained Teeth – Not scheduling regular visits to the dentist or not brushing and flossing daily can result in stained teeth. And when these stains are not removed, they can cause permanent discolorations, which require intensive procedures such as surgery to get rid of them.
- Health Issues - Poor oral hygiene has been linked to cancer, heart disease, and diabetes. Frequent dental checkups make it possible to detect signs of these medical problems early.
Take Charge of Your Oral Health Today
Scheduling dental checkups with a dentist in Greensboro after every six months is important to the oral and general health of your little ones. Once your child visits Atlantis Dentistry, they will have their teeth checked for cavities, tartar, plaque, and any other gum or teeth issues. Contact our dental facility today on (336) 335-9990 to schedule a dental appointment.Dentist in Greensboro
View Larger Map